Your cart is currently empty!
- Ten Year Soberversaryby JasonIt’s been ten years since my last drink. It’s my soberversary! Ten years without alcohol or mind/mood altering substances.. unless you count caffeine. Or fingernails. Memories of how I ended up in rehab have played in my head these last few weeks. Some brought up embarrassment, but I no longer feel looming shame or guilt.… Read more: Ten Year Soberversary
- Homage to the Recovery (Sort of) Podcastby JasonBelow is a speech I wrote for the 2022 Voices of Hope Annual Gratitude Banquet. I presented a ‘Gratitude Award’ to Billy and Jason for generously donating their time and funds to help people in recovery from addiction. It’s part ode, part fangirling, part summary of their three year history. —- Hi! I’m Jenny Hasted.… Read more: Homage to the Recovery (Sort of) Podcast
- Setting Boundaries Handoutby JasonThis is the packet of information that we used to do episode 153: Setting Boundaries (Sort Of). Listen in to the episode by clicking on the title, and follow along with the reading, or use the readings as a reminder after listening in.
- Dirt Therapy and Spiritual Growthby JennySummer is peaking and every year I’m still fascinated by how green and full the landscape gets, as if seeing it for the first time. Bushes crowd roadsides, trees cast thick shadows, grasses and shrubs spill into walkways, the colors and blooms evolve weekly – what a show! In my own yard, I have much… Read more: Dirt Therapy and Spiritual Growth
- Be Where Your Feet Areby Jenny“I didn’t start running till I was 40!” That’s one of my favorite personal humblebrags. I was never a very athletic person. I did sports in high school, but only because I was expected to, and I wasn’t very good. I liked swimming though, and marching band. (Don’t laugh, marching band is seriously athletic! You… Read more: Be Where Your Feet Are
- Have you been helped?by JennyI think it’s pretty much universally agreed upon by those of us recovery that asking for help is hard. Someone mentions the gruesome deliberation it took to get to that seat in their first meeting or rehab and everyone around the room smirks with a nod that says “BEEN THERE” in return. Why is it… Read more: Have you been helped?
- Born this way? Really?by JennyIt’s April, and it’s my birth month. Our family tradition is to go out to eat for birthdays, and this year I chose a local waterfront restaurant we know and enjoy. I love their selection from sushi to seafood to deep fried yummies. They even have kids meals for my 8 and 11 year olds.… Read more: Born this way? Really?
- “The Bigger Picture”by JennyIt’s March and I saw the Oscars are coming up. There was a time when I anticipated the Academy Awards like a football fan does the Super Bowl. Year round I discussed and debated choices in actors, directors, storylines, production qualities and so on with fellow film buffs. I made decisions and predictions, and awaited… Read more: “The Bigger Picture”
- Recovery Crushby JennyI had a crush in recovery. That’s kind of a problem, because I’m married and I really love my husband and family, so what’s a gal in sobriety to do? I was in my third year of recovery from alcoholism, and a fellow 12-stepper called me for a ride to a meeting. Let’s call her… Read more: Recovery Crush
- When Smoking Didn’t Cause Cancerby JennyRemember when smoking cigarettes didn’t cause cancer? I mean like back in the 40s and 50s when everyone, men, women and children smoked with no anticipated health consequences? Doctors prescribed cigarettes to pregnant women to help calm their nerves. Teachers smoked in the classroom. Movie star sex appeal amplified with every drag. God, even monkeys… Read more: When Smoking Didn’t Cause Cancer
- Substance Use and LGBTQ Research Paperby JasonHere is the research paper we talked about in episode 63: THE POT OF RECOVERY AT THE END OF THE LGBTQ RAINBOW (SORT OF) Research Paper Jason Chrystal School of Social Work, Salisbury University SOWK 653: Substance Abuse Assessment And Intervention Rebecca, MSW, LCSW-C November 29th, 2020 Research Paper The lesbian, gay, bi-sexual,… Read more: Substance Use and LGBTQ Research Paper